ICAN Foundation was founded by Pierre Thomas, NFL RB, in response to the ongoing issue with childhood obesity. ICAN Foundation was established in 2012 as a non-profit, public charity [501(c)3] to prevent and educate about the ongoing and rising issues of childhood obesity in the United States.
Obesity has a profound effect and increases the child's risk of numerous health problems, and it also can create emotional and social problems. Obese children are also more likely to be obese as adults, increasing their risk of serious health problems such as heart
disease and stroke. Let's end childhood obesity now!
The meaning behind ICAN's interlocking logo:
• Light Blue is for health.
• Red is for determination.
• Violet is for responsibility.
• Light Yellow is for happiness.
Did you know?
• Obesity in children has increased 3x more than it was 30 years ago.
• Today, about 25 million children are either overweight or obese
• Obesity is the second highest reason for preventable death in America
• 70% of obese children already have at least 1 risk factor of having heart disease
• 85% of all the children diagnosed with type 2 diabetes were obese
• Children treated for obesity are about 3x more expensive for the health care system.
• Obese children are most likely to grow up as obese youth and as a result
more prone to joint problems, cancers, cardiovascular diseases, poor self esteem,
and several other health, social, and psychological problems.
Donate to ICAN Foundation and help us fight childhood obesity.